People are 71% More Likely to Purchase Based on Social Media Referrals
Written on Apr 17 2012
Here’s an old (January ’12) but still relevant study in regards to social media from our friends at BizChanger:
Here are some of my favorite nuggets:
- 61% or consumers use search engines to read about products before a purchase
- 86% of online retailers in the U.S. own a Facebook fan page
- Walmart has 7,070,508 Fans on Facebook
- When Levi’s added the “like” button to their website they saw a 40x increase in referral traffic
- American Eagle added the “like” button to every product on their website, and FB shoppers spent 57% more money!
We’ve long been saying that social media is no longer a question of “if,” but rather a matter of “when,” “how,” and “how much.”
We hope to answer all those questions and more with our launch of SimplySocial on May 1st!
Check out the article to learn more.
Discuss this post
Speak to a human and see our software.
Let us help you with your social presence and guide you through SimplySocial.